google search: Uganda dance

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A room with a bed

This is my bed in an 8 ft. by 8 ft. room.

In the beginning there were no other pieces of furniture.  I ordered a dresser which I can use as a writing desk  and storage for my clothing.














VSO could not find a ready-to-go dresser so a carpenter was commissioned and a week later it was completed.  It arrived in a bicycle, and we were charged 10,000 Ugandan shillings for the delivery.  The cost was a bit pricey because a boda-boda will take a passenger for 1,000 Ugs. Perhaps, the delivery man just pushed his bicycle and the cargo all the way, hence, the price.  

Well, the furniture half-served its purpose, and I am already happy about it.

The rest of my wardrobe and  personal belongings will remain permanently in the suitcases stashed under the bed.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the VSO compound is pretty large. How big is it? Are these some of your British housemates? Glad to meet them.

    ReplyDelete