google search: Uganda dance

Thursday, August 12, 2010

At the end of the road

On the way to Gulu, we had to make a brief detour to conduct Charles, another volunteer, to Lira, his place of assignment.  This picture was taken in front of the house that Charles will share with Deb, a senior volunteer. We are happy that we completed unloading the household stuff in a very quick and orderly fashion that would be the envy of reputable and experienced forwarders in our part of the world.



 Lira is a beautiful town.




After an hour and a half, I saw this landmark - "Welcome to Gulu" - and finally, we found the access road to my "house".



My heart leaped with joy when I noticed the telecoms towers.  By golly, cellphones won't be a problem here...... and so internet access could not be far behind.

I won't feel isolated.  I can SMS, talk on the phone, email, use skype, return to facebook, search the internet.  And blog.  

Isn't this a great time and place to choose a life-changing path?

4 comments:

  1. The pictures do remind me of an earlier version of Tanauan. But I think Gule is more modern and much bigger in territory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete