google search: Uganda dance

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baptism of fire, July 2010

Compound where I work at the Gulu District Local Government
 My desk is in the foreground, with the bell.  I share the room with two others.We don't need to switch on the lights as natural sunlight permeates the room.  This set-up was to change soon though.

The desk top computer that was assigned to me.  My two colleagues have brand new laptops,
UPS
so I bring my Mac to work everyday. I was proud to see that the uninterrupted power supply was made in the Philippines.  Its days were numbered though because the computers connected to it were being phased-out.

Do with empty pockets
The toilet that I was using.   It was literally walking to the bushes to find the structure.  There were separate cubicles for Mon (Women) and Coo (Men).
A short stroll to the loo
I was beginning to have gall stones until someone tipped me off where to find the western style toilet - to my relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment