google search: Uganda dance

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It was the spring of hope*........

Golden shower starts to bloom
I have stayed long enough in Gulu to have seen the changes in life and season.  Trees shed their leaves when it is dry season, golden shower starts to bloom and cicadas start to sing when the rainy season cannot be far behind.
I went to their wedding
Now they have a baby
I have seen market stalls empty and
overflow with produce depending on the season.
I have seen sick
Before

people now fully recovered.  I have seen couples marry and become proud parents.
Now
                                   

I have seen babies still in their mother's wombs and now starting to walk.




I have seen the best of times and the worst of times* during my stay in Gulu.  And before long, they will just be fond memories.
One week old - comes to work with Mom


Now, still comes to work with Mom

* Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

1 comment:

  1. hi mam, it was so nice to read your article...i was inspired to do volunteerism...how to become a volunteer on your org? kindly send me details if you are still needing an applicant at mmaga@fep.ph...tnx mam..Godbless

    ReplyDelete